05 Book Me Bob
New Zealand’s fastest unicorn?
Guest: David Thompson
Book Me Bob is a revolutionary AI chatbot that’s changing the game in the hospitality world. Book Me Bob is available in a range of languages, can host thousands of conversations at the same time, and is so realistic that it’s often confused as being a real human.
The company was founded just before Covid, and has flourished despite the impact of the pandemic on tourism and hospitality. In fact, founder David Thompson is targeting unicorn status ($1 billion valuation) quicker than any other New Zealand company.
In this episode of Flying the Fern, host David Downs talks to David about:
- Why Book Me Bob’s technology is so world leading
- Starting with a bang - going to Bali hoping to get one contract, and ending up with 30
- Developing a bot with genuine personality
- Why New Zealanders are so well liked around the world
- Finding new ways to apply Book Me Bob’s technology