11 Silver Fern Farms
Pioneering premium New Zealand produce
Guest: Simon Limmer (Chief Executive)
Silver Fern Farms plays a hugely influential role in New Zealand food production and distribution. It exports nearly a third of our red meat to 60+ countries, representing around 16,000 farmers in the process.
The company helps to position our meat among the best in the world, by setting the standard in production, sustainability and quality. This is a changing landscape with a range of influences that make it a high stakes, challenging task.
In this episode of Flying the Fern, host David Downs talks to CEO Simon Limmer about:
- The significance of carrying the silver fern in the company name
- How Silver Fern Farms navigates the changing farming landscape, and how New Zealand is positioned for the future
- The impact of the FernMark in proving integrity and authenticity
- The social responsibility the company has to produce food for New Zealanders
- How New Zealand culture translates into overseas markets, and why that’s important